When you think of Whole Foods, beer isn’t exactly the first thing that comes to mind. It’s something more along the lines of fair trade coffees, organic fruit and a salad bar that often finds you spending $15 on lettuce because everything looks so good. Now, Whole Foods has taken their stock to a whole new level with the incorporation of the Beer Room at their Bowery (95 East Houston) location.
With a variety of beers rivaling a specialty beer store, get ready to back away from the bar and host your own tasting at home! With nearly 1,000 different beers available, a growler program that encourages customers to take advantage of the six rotating beers on tap, exclusive brews from local breweries, and a knowledgeable staff that is eager to help and a culinary class calendar with a variety of beer related classes, Whole Foods Bowery is a beer enthusiast’s dream.
Whole Foods Bowery is also a supporter of local breweries from all over New York. Step in to sample a beer from one of the following breweries before deciding what you’d like:
- Sixpoint Craft Ales, Red Hook, Brooklyn
- Ommegang Brewery, Cooperstown
- Chelsea Brewing Company, Manhattan
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company, Pleasantville
Additionally, Whole Foods Bowery also features exclusive brews available only at the Beer Room. Talk about a way to impress your beer snob friends!
Currently on tap: Sixpoint Craft Ales Eight Days O’ Wheat
As described by the team at the Beer Room, “A unique recipe collaboration from the staff at Sixpoint and the team at Whole Foods Market, Eight Days emerges with a soft, tart wheat flavor and a mild citrus hop bitterness. Finishes dry and clean.”
Here’s what’s coming up at Whole Foods Bowery:
- Friday, February 12th from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM, Offbeat Beers & Quirky Cheese A fee of $25 pairs you with beer connoisseur, Scott Franklin, and Fromagerie expert, Paul Price to explore everything the beer room has to offer. Some examples of what will be featured are: beer with Champagne yeast, Belgian fruit-based lambics, sour red ales, barley wine and even beer brewed with chocolate!
Whole Foods Bowery’s Beer Room is a must see for any beer fan, anyone hosting an event or anyone looking to learn more and try out new beers! While the draughts are always changing, the folks at Whole Foods Bowery are even kind of enough to check their stock before you stop in, please call the Beer Room for an up-to-the-minute selection at 212.420.1320 ext. 249.