While I’m a huge fan of Guinness myself, I find that many girls don’t know enough about Guinness to enjoy it.With St. Patrick’s Day just a few weeks away, it’s time approach the sad fact that most girls I know don’t enjoy this iconic dark, dry stout. Time to speak up for a pint of plain…
- Guinness is the best selling drink of all time in Ireland.
- Studies claim that Guinness can be beneficial to the heart. Researchers found that antioxidant compounds in Guinness, similar to those found in certain fruits and vegetables, are responsible for health benefits because they slow down the deposit of harmful cholesterol on the artery walls.
- The “perfect pint” of Draught Guinness is the product of a lengthy “double pour,” which according to the company should take 119.53 seconds. Guinness has promoted this wait with advertising campaigns such as “good things come to those who wait.”
- Guinness has a significant share of the African beer market, where Guinness has been sold since 1827
- Rumor has it the best Guiness is not to be consumed in Ireland but outside of it. Why? The unfermented but hopped Guinness wort extract is shipped from Dublin and blended with beer brewed locally to maintain freshness.